Friday, January 29, 2016

The Blacklist S3E4

Nasim: What do you want?
Reddington: To offer my sympathies.
Nasim: I know who you are.
Reddington: And I know who you are, Nasim. What a beautiful name. It means "Breeze" in Farsi. But you weren't born Nasim. You were born Nasir -- "The victorious." How ironic. But a boy. A perfectly healthy boy.
Nasim: I don't know what you're talking about.
Elizabeth: Alice told us the story. We know you're the djinn.
Reddington: And this must be your father. The butcher. Tell me, Bahram, was it so horrific to discover that your 19-year-old son, your eldest son, was gay? So horrific that you forced him against his will to go under the knife, change his gender, to give you a daughter instead of your son, who is gay?
Bahram: Clerics accept... People can get trapped in the body of the wrong sex. The law says –
Nasim: I wasn't trapped. I liked my body. I liked men.
Bahram: I wanted to protect you, Nasim. They could have killed you.
Reddington: For being gay. They're so homophobic that being gay is a hideous crime, but chopping off a man's penis isn't? Honestly, is it just me, or is the human race, armed with religion, poisoned by prejudice, and absolutely frantic with hatred and fear, galloping pell-mell back to the dark ages? Who on Earth is hurt by a little girl going to school or a child being gay? Let's be frank, Bahram. You didn't change your son to protect him. You changed him because he disgusted you.
Bahram: That's not true.
Nasim: You violated my body without consent. You sliced out my identity and discarded it as waste. You cursed me to live the rest of my life as a second-class citizen, despite being a firstborn son.

No comments: